Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Eyes are so beautiful in the sunlight

Here's another eve of a Vegas New Year's Eve. So much has changed since the last, and I love the introspection that comes with reflecting on a year past. It was probably the worst year I can remember, so it's with prayer and hope that the new year is welcomed for me. I've learned so much about myself, about God, about life... never thought I'd end up where I am now. Every plan I had got flipped upside down, and confidence and peace has finally taken residence in the shattered remnants of the past. God broke my heart that was broken without my knowing. He broke it to reset it to grow back together in a healthy way; a way that loves Him and that brings me happiness and peace. I learned the keys to life are love and faith, without which everything falls apart.

I love the things that haven't changed too. Like having friends that are friends no matter what. I am so blessed that every time I come home I know that there are people I will feel warm and safe with. Also, having a family that is crazy, but so special. Knowing they'll make me smile, laugh, annoyed, and frustrated, but above all else, loved.

God and Time heal all things. I am so surprised and blessed at the capacity I have to love again, when I never thought I could. Surprised and blessed that God would bring someone amazing and special into my life, whom I feel like I've known forever and a day. To know a person other than my Grandpa and God sees me as a princess.. it's far more than I deserve.

I'm working on a dress for a party tomorrow night, thankfully I have an excuse to make something on a deadline. Kelly and I are getting tattoos on Friday!!!! So exciting. I've been listening to new Flyleaf, and it's so incredible. This break has already flown by, and I feel like I haven't done very much yet. It took a whole week to feel at home again, but now that I do, I'm excited to move back home for the summer. Haven't broken any bones... still have all my teeth.. life is good. I've lost my ability to stay up the whole night without being super tired, so unfortunate.

Here's to 2010 being really great.

1 comment:

  1. dear erin.
    2010 is going to own 2009's face.
    I love you so much beautiful girl and I am so blessed to have a wonderful friend like you in my life. God is going to do big things this year and i cant wait to grow in love with Him with you! You are amazing girl. :)
    ps. I AM COMING TO VEGAS THIS SUMMER.
    pss.
    loveee you :)

    ReplyDelete