Saturday, January 22, 2011

Zandra isn't drinking water today, She believes going to the bathroom is a waste of time.

Adjustments are the worst part of life. Something changes; sometimes drastic, sometimes small, and then the whole world seems altered. Changes are blessings that wear the disguise of discomfort and awkwardness. It's also interesting to me how we can't wait for things to change at times, then realize afterwards how good we had it before.

God's timing is significant. It is always right, always good, and often very different from ours.

I love that about God.

Life just seems to have a new feel to it that is hard to explain. I went home for Christmas break incredibly worn out and ready for an emotional respite. My home in Vegas is a place of love, craziness, good food, amazing friends, and memories I will remember forever. The fullness of being with friends you cherish and family you adore are more is more than words can express.

I miss it terribly.

At home, God started to work on my heart. He began to chip away all the pain and worry and stress that had built up since the fall. He began to show me my heart is worthwhile, and that life can be completely unexpected. He began to show me that healing can come to even the worst of pains.

And then I got a job. And someone started to make me feel alive again. And then before I knew if I was driving through a blizzard after the most amazing New Years of my life, listening to Regina Spektor with Meg, and knowing it was clear that everything was about to change.

I de-enrolled from Point Loma Nazarene University. I shed a tear or two then went to my favorite local coffee shop. I worked my first paid 40 hour week. I opened myself up to God moving me wherever He sees fit. And I felt cared for, not used or abandoned.

God is good even when I am not. Even when I am tired. And even when I can't see where He's leading me.

I just trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment