Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Hair Jaime. You know hair is the most important thing to me."

In 2 Corinthians, where it talks about the fruit of the Spirit, the one that I never really thought about was faithfulness. Until this morning. Why is it you only really notice things like that when you mess them up so badly? So when I started to think about what that means, I realized that relationships with both God and people apply directly to faithfulness. God cares and loves me even when I don't feel Him, when He is silent. I know He's still there and that He is with me. Do I get distracted by other things that lead me to act otherwise? Unfortunately, yes. And I do the same with people. I want to have that faithful heart, that does not waver when I can't feel the love or presence of God. I want to do the same in my relationships, even when I feel wronged or hurt. I know I'd ask that of the people I love, to continue to remember that I care, even when I make mistakes and don't seem like I do.

My prayer is to get through a week without hurting someone I care about. I just read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and the character I relate to the most is Carmen. The one who laments her fiery attitude and lack of control over her tongue. It's an unpleasant mirror to look into. I would recommend this book though, because it's amazing. I'm on to the second one right now, and it's great.

At six flags the other night, one of my favorite rides was the swings. There were only four of us one it, so it felt very peaceful, and fairylike. With my feet swinging in the air high above the ground, I was thinking about my fairytale. The one I want. Wanting to have true love, and not knowing what that feels like feels like a hard thing at the time. But far worse is having true love, and watching it go awry. I notice the things in couples now that they probably don't even think about. How they stand close to each other. How he looks at her like he's the luckiest person in the world to be holding her hand. So effortless. Half of me thinks it's amazing, while the other half of me wants to go ask them if it's real. If they can really make that last forever, because love is not as easy as it seems. I have faith that will happen for me. Sometime.

See Sabs. I really was right freshman year ;) I'm right back to where I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment