Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Madness




This past weekend was filled with wonderful birthday celebrations. First off was the lovely Meaghan Maples, whom I admire and adore. Jaime and I made her a sweet birthday present, made with paper flowers and a dollar thrift store mug. Her family and friends are the most talented group of people I've ever met. Hearing them all perform was such a blessing.



Then the next day we had an all American beach Barbeque for Willi, the coolest German member of our small group. It was cloudy, and a seagull got a burger right off the grill, but we had a great time. I am so blessed by all the people in our group, and it's been fun getting to know them better by spending time
doing random things like this. We tried to all dress in red, white, and blue, so if felt like the fourth of july all over again. But more fun. And with more butchered German. (Willi is in the middle of the right hand picture)

Today completed day number one of this weeks craziness. I almost started crying while I was eating my broccoli at lunch today because I hit the part in The Kite Runner where Baba dies. So sad. I also decided that my new favorite weather might possibly be a windy, very sunny day right after heavy downpouring rain. It was magical.

Now I already have two stress knots in my shoulders, but I'm trying to stay organized so this week goes smoothly. Beach camping in only a few days, I can't wait!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment