Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just before the rain came down, the sun came out at last

I love hearing songs that relate to life. Because sometimes my life is like trying to do pull ups. I can hang there all day long, but when I try to lift myself up, the strength to do so just doesn't exist. But I went ahead and ran my normal running loop, now I feel a bit better. The runner in me is energized by working out, which really doesn't make sense at all. And I can barely lift my arms because of surfing in a rip tide yesterday.

This next week is jammed with amazing things to do and amazing people to see. SCAD is just around the corner, two of my dear friends have birthday parties this weekend, and half of the awesome people in Utah are coming down for next weekend. I'm trying my best to get excited about all of it, but I've just been wanting to sleep non-stop. Perhaps because I went almost a whole week without sleep, or maybe some other reason entirely.

I still know God is good, and that He will see me through this. And, I have had several ironic coincidences in life that prove God's presence in my life. One was checking out two completely unrelated books at the library, and having a quote from one author be on the cover of the other without noticing. The other is listening to Andrew Bird. Only God could create a man who can whistle like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment