Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh, cuss.

I am so ready for this year to be over. I don't know if it's the impending end of this chapter of my life, or just exhaustion over my never ending to-do list. I just want to be home already. After stressing over all the unknowns in life, I've come to be at a place of peace knowing it will all work out somehow. Life is an adventure, and unknowns make it fun. Or at least that's what I keep reminding myself. Two and a half weeks from now, I will take of the many hats I've worn for the past two years, and move out of the place I've called home for the past three for the last time. It's strange, a bit scary, but freeing all the same.

I really want to plant a garden. Too bad Vegas is a suffocatingly dry desert that kills all living plants besides palm trees and grass. I think my soul is unsettled being away from my roots for too long. I want to visit my grandparents at their wonderful farm where I spent my childhood. Everything is so simple and more than half of the good things in life happen outside. Hopefully a trip is in order before too long.

It's funny to see how bits and pieces of personality from my relatives is coming out in mine. I have my grandma's fiery spirit, artistic flair, and love of flowers. Which is cool because she is amazing.

Anyways, I want summer hot heat now! No more wet, cold, 60 degree coastal weather. I want my desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment