Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Today was a day just like any other

Today I enjoyed the sunshine. And the obnoxious parrots. I smiled for no reason and let the old school Christian songs take me back a few years.

I'm bracing myself, and preparing for the time to come. Praying that God will show me once again how to be abundantly joyful in serving others, as well as in the little things in life.

There are only three short months left until I head out to London, and I'm trying to rebuild my life before then. This will probably mean quite a few hours in prayer, and then a few more blasting Flyleaf's Memento Mori.

Every night has held the same dreams. But now I know, they will come to naught. It's tragic, mostly because it's so scary to be alone. I'm making myself a promise that by the time I head out of the country, I'll have come to grips with being content with Jesus, and Jesus alone. I'd be lying if I said I was there already. But that deep seated anxiety towards needing another person has flown away, and when I look at the state I was in at the end of last summer, I'm doing quite well.

My show is on Friday, and a lot has gone wrong the past few days. I just ripped up one of my finale dresses because it didn't fit the model. And now she's home sick so I can't fit the altered one on her. Maybe I'll end up modeling in it after all. I officially have a 54% in microeconomics, and a huge art midterm tomorrow I don't think I'm quite prepared for. Praise God it's all almost over. I'm going to sleep all day Sunday, and coast until Spring Break.

Anyway, it's bed time.

P.S.

I can be only friends now. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment