Tuesday, May 4, 2010

but it's wild in the wild, wild west

I discovered another new favorite movie last night in the form of Judy Garland's The Harvey Girls. Old films are always great, so thanks AMC for showing me yet another classic.

Yesterday was an uplifting day because I ran a solid 4 and half miles and talked to my two closest friends from home. They always know how to cheer me up and make me feel like myself again, not to mention I get to go home and see them in less than two weeks. SO excited :) It will be so good to be with family and friends again.

I'm in a weird hair style spot right now. I need to re-dye my roots and somehow get it trimmed so it can be a good faux-hawk again. I might let it grow back out after I get home from Europe. Also not quite sure if my straightener will work with the outlets abroad... I'll be sad if an adaptor fries my bling Chi. It's been a good friend these past four years.

I heard a great quote from momma Donna the other day, I wanted to share. It goes something like this.... "Girls have become tofu. They take on the flavor of whatever guy they're with. What the world needs is girls like chili powder, spicing up and changing the lives of those they come in contact with." I love that. You rock momma D.

Saturday night I went to a club called The Loft to see my friend Becky's band Los Flores Hombres open for Civil Twilight at SDSU. It was a great venue, and the lead singer of Civil Twilight had an eerie resemblance to Robert Pattinson and the bad guy from Gossip Girl. But man could he hit a falsetto. Good times.

It's 28 days and counting until London, and I got a crossbody purse for the occasion. Check to one more thing on my to-do list before I go. I'm going to have to walk around the block with all my luggage to make sure I can handle it.... which will look almost as goofy and the guy that practices deep sea fishing tosses at the side of our road.

And to end, I saw the most amazing thing on Sunday. A little old lady, probably between 80 and 90, was practicing tee ball all by herself on Kellog beach. It was the most adorable thing ever. I want to be her in 60 years.


1 comment: