Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And just past your lips there's more anger than laughter

I love airports. I'm sitting in the San Diego one right now, and I love it. It's very similar to the one in Salt Lake. I also love Albuquerque's and Boise's. Maybe it's because each major airport tries it's best to combine everything local into one big welcoming place. Or because there's great art all over. Or maybe because my dad, uncle, and grandpa are all pilots.

It's been a year to the day since I flew out of this airport, to the same place. But so much has changed in that year. I'm going to do completely different things, and to see different people. It's so strange to think how much can change in a year. I promised myself quite some time ago that I'd never go back, but fate has an interesting way of changing the heart's plans. I left a large part of myself up there, so I feel drawn back to it. I'm just as excited for this trip as I was for the last one. I woke up with butterflies, and to some really funny texts from Chi. I've decided just to focus on the good memories, and the good things about the 801. Amazing people, natural beauty, and all the random fun to be had in mormontown.

It's also fitting to be there to help Chi pack up her house to leave Provo, because just four short years ago I was helping her move in to her BYU apartment. We were crazy high school kids with no cares and insane tendencies, and we pulled into town partially clothed in an overpacked car with a fish in a burger king cup. Now Chi is married and responsible, and I'm almost done with college. How time flies. Hopefully we'll relive some of those times this week, because I really miss them.

The plane just pulled up to the gate. I hope the weather holds, it's been rainy today. And I want one of those zippy little tarmac carts, like the one in Toy Story 2. They look like a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment