Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I've got the clap, now I'm giving it to you, hey!

Title courtesy of the Wiggles.


I have been home for a day and a half now, and I feel like I'm in a really good dream I don't want to ever end. I forgot how good it feels to be safe at home with my family, loved and cared for. How much I love the warm weather and the hot breeze, and my amazing friends. I've made total of 7 new recipes so far, and tonights pasta, bruschetta, and parmesan corn on the cob was super amazing. I think I'll be making it again soon for sure.

Vegas is great. It's hot and dry, and someone thought it would be a good idea to paint all the rocks at the side of the beltway an ugly lime green. Which is hilarious, because it just looks worse, not better. But the desert has a unique beauty that I love. My window is open now, and even though the horses next door are kicking their feed bins, the air feels so good.

Kelly and Kristin came over for dinner tonight, and we cooked, shared a bottle of wine, and visited with my family. I can't describe the feeling of bliss that stems from having such close friends that have known you for so long. I miss sharing the whole summer with them, and having time to plan hikes and camping trips with them. But we're making the most of the time we have now, and we have our whole lives ahead of us still.

I'm excited to see some of my other friends as well, and it's crazy how life is taking unexpected twists and turns. People are getting engaged, falling in love, moving, staying, and more.

Working out is so much fun here because I have people to workout with and to motivate me. Kelly and I did an Insanity workout today, and I'm super sore already. Tomorrow is going to suck. But pushing through pain working out is what brought us all so close together, so it's just fun anyways. I love it. Praise God for all the good in life, and the bad. Because even in the best times there is pain and hardship, but joy overshadows it on days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment