Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 16. Almost done.

Today was my second to last day at work, and it made me so sad that I'm leaving! I went in at 10:30, and got sent straight back to DGS to drop off a pattern to the Greek sample maker named Chris. He told me I always look different, and told me to sit down in his office while he looked at the pattern. Then he proceeded to ask me how I like what I'm doing, and then gave me some advice about the industry. He told me fashion design is all about flair. He said to take a fashion illustration class, and to never lose my flair, as well as to go shopping all the time and get ideas to improve on. After that he told me a long story about a lady friend he knows in Texas, and how he might visit. Then he gave me his card and told me to keep in touch in case I need work in the future. I was so happy when I left there, because I feel like it was a great networking opportunity.

When I got back to the shop, Julia set me to ironing a big pile of t-shirts for the Vintage festival she's showing at this weekend while she ran some errands and got lunch for us. It was fun work, I don't mind ironing. And the radio was on, which I still thoroughly enjoy because of the novelty of being in England. I went upstairs and watched the store when I was gone, and traded music on Julia's computer. I love sharing that part of my culture with her, and gaining the same experience through music she loves as well.

Julia came back with vegan lunches from Beetroot, and they were amazing!!!! There was all sorts of fun stir fry and tofu and mint seasoned quinoa. It was really filling, and we had a nice long talk about getting into the business, mistakes she made when she started, and other life things. I really am sad that I am leaving, because I feel so at home there. She's sad I'm leaving too, because everything just kind of worked out really well with us working together. It's so strange to think that tomorrow is my last day. But after we finished lunch, she sent me to Shepherds bush with two dresses to match fabric for. One was the creme cocktail dress, but she wanted the same fabric in black, and then there was another black dress to match and lining as well. I think it's funny when she can't remember where she bought it, but it works because then I can go to the places that will give me a good deal. I was able to find all three for relatively cheap, and in record time. So with that, I said my final goodbye to Shepherds Bush, and went home for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment