Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Days 10 and 11

I'm a bit behind because I'm partly forgetful and partly lazy. But here goes.

Friday at work, I got to arrange pictures in photoshop for Julia for a few hours. It was a good reminder that I need to have basic knowledge of design programs, and I enjoyed the work I got to do. I pick up on computer stuff fairly quickly, and it was cool to do it in a professional setting. I watched the shop for a few hours, and helped the few customers that came in. Julia sent me back to Hackney again after that to pick up another sample from Kasha. The dress is a beautiful cream colored cocktail dress with a asymmetrical strap and ruffle down one side. Thankfully I got to go home early that day, and I left some cookies I made for everyone to eat.

Today, Tuesday, was an early day as well. I came in and found out Julia wasn't feeling well. She had me pick some seams on the cocktail dress, and on this crazy pantsuit outfit where a sleeve seam had caught. I've become very accustomed to picking seams, because I mess up my sewing more than I get it right. After that, I watched the shop while Julia ran across the street to get some orange juice, then I went on an adventure to pick up the pink ruffle dress I cut out last week from another place. I got coffee, then took the tube to a place past Manor House, and walked through a crazy indoor market to find the place. It had some lovely old greek men sitting out front that told me how to find the unit I was looking for. When I got there, the man behind the desk was eating an ice cream cone. He said "Hold on just a minute, I'm eating my ice cream cone." It was great, and he was really nice. I grabbed the dress, which looked really great, and I was proud because I had been in charge of picking out one of the materials. I took the dress back, and, after getting lost and paying extra for being outside zone 2, gave the dress back to Julia. She let me go home after that, so I went to Oxford street and got some clothes shopping done :) good day all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment