Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That's wicked!

I stayed up too late last night, so I really didn't want to get up today. But I did have a really good time reading my Bible once I did get up. Two Psalms really stuck out to me:

Psalm 37:23
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord upholds him with His hand."

Psalm 62:5-7
"My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength and my refuge is in God."
I loved these verses because they apply directly to what I'm dealing with in life right now. So good.

Today work was a bit slow, I just hand tacked a million gathers on a beautiful dress, read some magazines, and watched the shop. Julia and I had a nice chat about relationships, and I'm getting really used to instant coffee. It's actually quite good, so I might consider working it into my life back in the states...

This afternoon I went to Shepherds Bush to find fabric for Julia, and was able to find an almost exact match for the peach jersey. I was very glad, because I went into a lot of stores before I finally found it. Peach doesn't seem to be a very popular color.

I'm home early now, and I just made an attempt at curry. I boiled potatoes, lentils, and quinoa, then made a sauce of garlic, onions, coconut milk, and very spicy green curry paste. It's quite delicious, and I'm going to experiment some more with it soon. Tonight is Bible study at Yumchaa, then I'm going to a show with April at some venue here in Camden. Hopefully it's lots of fun, I'm sure it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment