Sunday, July 11, 2010

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.

This has been a good weekend, though a sad one saying goodbye to all my roommates. I'm excited that I got to know them and learn from them in so many ways. One of them, Kristen, has a grant from the University of Hawaii for research on natural plant dyes. Through than, she taught me how to make the dyes and how to test them on different fabrics. I'm aquiring so much amazing knowledge that I can't wait to put into practice when I get home.

I was excited before I came here about the people I knew would impact my life that I had yet to meet. And now that I've met a lot of them here, it's clear that each path that crosses changes you at least a little bit. What a blessing to make new friends, to share the gospel with people here in Camden, and to just learn about other people.

My internship starts tomorrow, and I'm a little bit nervous, but mostly excited. I'm going to really start working on design stuff in the next week, and I'm hoping to gain both inspiration and skills to kick that off. I'm really glad I'm here right now, I love it like another home. Praise God for His plan for my life. Even when it gets hard, I know He's here with me, seeing me through it all and growing me in ways I don't recognize yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment