Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ah!!!!!!! There's another giant spider in my room!

Today I woke up to a mexican window washer banging on my window at the crack of dawn. So I told Jaime to come over and hang out with me. We moved some stuff in to our room and got coffee and tea in OB. As we walked over to the beach and watched the waves, an opportunity for my story and struggles to help another situation arose. It's so amazing to look back and see how God has used all your stupidity to teach you a lesson that can encourage others. I am SO excited to have Jaime as my roommate this year.

On a bittersweet note, Liz is not going to be on my hall, so I'm quite sad. But she'll get to do RA things with me, so that's good :) Life changes so quickly, especially here. Patience and flexibility are traits I've struggled with recently are continually tested and strengthened through school/work/people I'm around.

I was reading somewhere in 1 Corinthians today about how everything God's law asks of us is fulfilled by us just loving each other. Instead of checking off a list of things to do so every part of our lives follow the rules, we just have to love. And that's all. It made me quite happy to have a cure-all to pray for, considering there's a lot of things I want to change about myself. I just want to love, in every part of my life.

Tonight Adam and I went to Ikea to get dorm decorating stuff, and spent a small fortune. Thankfully I had an extra pair of hands, because that was a lot of work. I've been saving Liz from giant spiders that have taken over her dorm, and finally figured out the rest of the hall decor. I'm not going to stress about it anymore, because I keep forgetting we have two weeks until school starts.

So now it's time to relax with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. And Liz.

2 comments:

  1. Liz is an r.a now?? woah thats cool! what happend though??

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...Love...is amazing. and...Harry potter is a wonderful way to relax

    ReplyDelete