Saturday, August 22, 2009

Let's hear it for wanting to be an introvert when the opposite is required

I finally slept a decent amount last night and today, incurring partial relief to the fatigue and sore throat that has accumulated the past weeks.

I am thoroughly tired of being peppy and involved already, which is horrible because tonight is when my real job of getting to know my girls starts. I was reading Psalm 119 today, which happens a lot. It was great to remember that strength comes from God. That He will be for us when everything else falls apart.

I'm trying to stay in my new mode of being happy and independent, and after last night, I know I need to do that. Letting myself trust you again.. hurts. I can't do that yet. I thought I was okay, but there is a sickly and sallow part of me lurking just beneath the surface, threatening to drag me back down into the abyss I just crawled out of.

I am very excited to get to know everyone though, my girls are wonderful. I know this is going to be an amazing year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment