Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm sorry. But in a leadership position, you can no longer participate in recreational nudity.

Yet another long day of RA stuff. Everyone learned the awkward balloon at dinner, which is basically holding up an imaginary balloon when there's awkward silence. Then you release it when the silence is over. Quite wonderful :)

I realized today that I haven't cried in a while. That I feel healthy again. If I avoid looking at old pictures, avoid thinking too much about us, everything is okay now. It hurt a bit to put up pictures on my wall today, having to turn half of them upside down and numb out the pain. I can't watch my favorite movie for a while. The music that plays during the menu screen would put me in a bad state.

Tonight's class about sexual harassment and hazing was priceless. I never thought about how crazy it is to work a job in a place like this.

It was also really cool today to feel so hungry to read my Bible. I'd left it in my car yesterday when I went to pick John up from the airport. Last night was wonderful. Time with my Dana and John. Bassam, polaroids, mint tea with honey, convertible top down. I am going to miss them soooo incredibly much, I can't believe they won't be a part of this semester here at school.

I miss Goog, who has been gone over a year now to Honduras.. All these amazing people seeing the world.

My lovely Jaime is moving in tomorrow, I'm so stoked!!! Unfortunately Target was sold out of absolutely everything I needed today, or else I'd have curtains up already. Seriously, every item I needed had been sold out. There was just a blank spot where they should have been. Frustrating...

The guy outside was trying to get me to sign a petition to legalize marijuana. Welcome to Southern California.
I just found out how to clean a part of my sewing machine. It basically exploded at me, so I had to put it back together. Apparently I should have been taking it apart to clean it a lot more often. Surely it just had enough of being dirty, so it let me know.

Good night world. Maybe somehow life will stop being insane long enough for me to reset. I highly doubt it. I'm soo not ready for classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment