Sunday, August 23, 2009

Do you have a name, or do you just go by "boyfriend"?

I'm feeling so calm about my job this year. Last night's adventure went far better than I ever could have expected, and my girls are wonderful with doing fun things. We dressed up in insane clothes and went to Figi Yogurt, then to Shelter Island to ring the Liberty Bell. After that we played this awesome name game and slid down a crazy slide at this bayside playground. We ended the night at Makeout Point, and soaked in the view of everyone's new home. The nerves are finally starting to subside, and I can't wait to see how this year goes.

Personal happiness has been difficult the past few days, a continual learning process of where to place my hope. I started to expect thoughtfulness and romance again from a place that has let me down consistently, hence causing a hint of depression. But then I realized that all I need to do when I feel alone is to go around my hall until I find girls feeling the same way, and to have fun with them. To talk, watch movies, go out, the sky is the limit. My life is worthwhile if i feed into others lives. If I love on them and encourage them, not ask things from others to make me happy. Life is about what you can give. Not about what you can receive.

I went to First Church with Jaime today, and the teaching was out of Joshua 24. The pastor talked about Achen and how the path we go on is our choice, and so are the consequences. If we choose to worship something other than God, the result is scarcity. Scarcity struck me as a strange word.

I still need to find a bunch of paper for a quote wall.. There were some good ones today. Jaime and I are also on the hunt for a traveling birthday gnome for all of the girls. Maybe Target garden department? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment